Wednesday, December 8, 2010

God’s Grace is simply amazing....

I had a heartbreaking day at work on Monday…I had a L-O-N-G meeting, but that wasn’t the hard part.  It was the realization of ‘what could be’…that truly broke my heart.  I have very few students that come from a 2 parent, church-going, issue-free household ;)  But this new student in particular…hmmm.  Well, here’s the thing…if it were not for God’s Grace and the difference of probably 10-20 HORRIBLE days in his life…he could be…MY son.  Seriously, no kidding.  The entire time I was sitting there I just kept thinking…OH MY GOODNESS…this could be Justice.  This could SO be Justice…and THAT could be me (the mom sitting there!)  Really…for those of you that didn’t have the pleasure of knowing me…I was NOT an easy kid    I was…much like my sweet Justice…shocker, I know!  I was high maintenance, I have made mistakes, but we have raised a GREAT kid…but for the Grace of God.  Because, like I said….that could have been him, sitting there with me.  I could have NOT stopped with alcohol in college and turned to drugs…I could have had more kids…and then walked away at my wits end on a bad day…I could have stayed in THAT relationship, and he would have beat ME.  The reality of the difference of a few simple weeks and God’s sweet, pure, simple grace…was almost too much for me to handle that day…it has taken me several days to digest it all and get this blog done.

No comments:

Post a Comment