Monday, January 18, 2010

Blog Envy...

Hi, my name is Shannon and I'm a jealous blogger. **uncomfortable pause** ...this is where you all say .. "Hello Shannon..." with sincere acceptance :) Actually, unfortunately I have the *jealous part down MUCH better than the blogger part :/ You see I WANT to be a Blogger SOOOO bad! It was one of my few resolutions last year, and I'm not a big resolution maker. But then life, and mom happened...and well priorities changed. Well, I have a few friends who are just these fabulous bloggers! They are funny, witty, (I can be too I think), relatively consistent (I suck) I mean they are just freakin HILARIOUS!! I really want to be like them when I grow up..well actually now would be great too :) I'm a super-phenomenal 'in my head' blogger. LOL For real...if I had a personal assistant who followed me around who I could dictate my blog to...I'd be set! But then again, if I HAD that assistant...to delegate this task to and that task to...I'd probably have time to blog in the first place!!

A few of my funny blessings from this weekend...

My little man who always keeps me laughing (when he isn't mad at me ;) saw the date of a meeting a church "oh... January 24th, that's when our milk expires!" WHY?? but I'm glad someone is keeping tabs lol

Savy and I were cuddling in the bed this morning, she is ALWAYS trying to convince us that she is getting SO BIG! She was on top of me stretched out and said "Mama, how many foot are me?"

She STILL says me for I - we LOVEEEEE this and don't ever want her to stop. We have 2 VERY talkative kids, they have always had relatively 'advanced' language skills....so we absolutely LOVE the little things that make them seem, well...little still. Like "what T are me?" (as in 2T, 3T) and poksicles, Frat Lock, as in...Middle School - where I work :)

I am constantly blessed by these two - by a boy who LOVES to make me lunch..salads and crackers and humus. And a girl who LOVES to clean! She was singing a song about this as she cleaned a toilet last week (crazy girl! she gets this from her mom-mom, NOT from me ;)

Well I must run...there is a baby doll who needs a bath...I think I might be onto something, I'm not feeling so jealous anymore ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love the update! You do have a great family. And don't forget to buy milk on the 24th. Robert won't drink it if it the milk is one day older than it says on the carton...i tell him, that's just a suggestion...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting back to your blog, D-I-L! Sorry I couldn't help you when you Twittered earlier...we JUST got home, after leaving the hotel at 4:45 am...long delays at the airport, big snow event in Boston.

    Anyway, this looks nice. Now all you need to do is add a couple of widgets. It's easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Joan...Rainman keeps tabs on that FO SHO!! LOL

    and M-I-L...a widget??? WTF? I'm just happy I have a background finally! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! it looks GREAT!!!!!!! i can help, if you'd like~
    love ya! welcome to bloggy land!

    ReplyDelete