Sunday, March 14, 2010

Say it ant so....

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...I have the funniest kids!!  Don't believe me? Read on....this is the ACTUAL conversation that took place at our breakfast table this morning before church.  First of all, YES, we actually ALL do sit down together for most meals...breakfast and dinner just about everyday, it's something Jay and I are committed to :)  So that part wasn't very funny..lol but the conversation was HILARIOUS...it started out innocent enough.  A conversation about allergies...Savy "Mama - I'm not allergic to anything am I?"  "Nope, Sav, you're not" again Savy "and Justice and Daddy...they aren't either?" "Nope, don't think so..."  Savy keeps talking.."ok mama...well, does Hunter Mangum have any cats?"  Now to me this is both funny..and RANDOM! But you have to understand..Savy LOVES her some 'Hunter Mangum' LOL (and she always says it just like that....Hunter Mangum :) and 1. (I don't YET realize that she is plotting) and 2. she also SUPER LOVES her some MISS Pam, Hunter's mama! So I answer her "um no, I don't think so"  At this point Justice chimes in "Yes he does, at his grandma's"  "oh, ok" I say...So Savy, her EVIL PLOT about to become clear...adds "SO since Hunter Mangum doesn't have cats, YOU can go live there mama, at his house, with his mama, CAUSE I REALLY want 2 cats, girl ones!" OMG  She just plotted to ship me off...LMAO Does this happen at other people's houses?!?!  By the 3 year old?!?!?  Now of course I LOVE me some MISS Pam too, so my first question was "well, will you come visit?" lol  Jay didn't like that! HAHAHA

The second best part was that the meal was only about half over....then she says "you know GRAND is WRONG about napkins!" and I am thinking?!?!?  What in the WORLD???  To which Justice replies "NO she's NOT, GRAND isn't wrong about ANYTHING!"  LMAO  Now, he is SOOO much my son, it ant (another Savy word) even funny!  But in that declaration he so instantly was ALL Daddy's boy and Grand's Poot-a-Root-a :)   She continued "well, yes she is, napkins don't go in laps!!"  At this point..ALL I could think was...OMG my family and this breakfast table has been SUCH blog fodder - and it's ONLY 8 freakin 45am!

I stinkin LOVE my CRAZY kids.  I LOVE how much Savy is like me and will argue with ANYONE and EVERYONE! And I LOVE how she is SO sweet, just like her Daddy.  I LOVE how much Justice is like me in all his quirkiness and brilliance.  And I LOVE how much he is just like his Daddy in that he will fiercely fight for those he loves, and how in his time can do anything he sets his mind to.  And I TRULY LOVE that the two of them have taught me that ultimately Justice WAS right ;) and Grand "isn't wrong about ANYTHING!"  She has raised AMAZING children (mostly on her own.) I am blessed to be raising mine with one of them.  She has taught me so many life lessons, when I have 'loosened-up' enough to learn them ;)  We have always been close, but I am so glad that I have grown up / matured over the years...and learned to talk less and listen more...Amazing, funny, HUGE Blessings Every single day!

2 comments:

  1. Another great story, Shannon... It gave me the feeling that I was sitting there at the table listening to the conversation too!!! That's true writing to be able to emerse yourself so deep into the story that you feel you're there...OMG!!!! I love the Norton Family...even though Mr. Big Norton doesn't say much!!! LOL... Thanks, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thank you! Now will somebody PLEASE set that boy straight...Grand is wrong about a lot of things. Okay, well, maybe we can wait a few years before we set him straight...it's kinda nice to be IDEALIZED sometimes (and I didn't say "idolized")!

    Great writing, Shannon, and great stories! I'm so proud of you for writing this blog...may we never forget! Much love to all!

    Oh yeah, one more thing...exactly WHERE does Miss Priss Savy think the napkins go?

    ReplyDelete