Friday, March 12, 2010

Did you say Sweet tea? OH...SWEETIE...

So it's been a while I know...and honestly it WOULD have been another day, but someone I love is having a birthday today ;) and I promised them some laughs!  Most everyone knows by now that I have the FUNNIEST kids...but I also have the SWEETEST kids.  Justice's spring Book Fair starts on Monday...he is getting SO excited!  They got to make a 'Wish List' for it in school today - it's the first thing he wanted to tell me about after school.  Book #1 - Awesome Weather (he IS after all both obsessed with and terrified by most natural weather disasters) Book #2 the Perfect Dress (for his baby sister...sweet, sweet boy!)  He went on to list several more for himself and then a few for 'a friend' - I asked who this friend was...and he just said...a special friend.  Now there are few things that I love more than books, I must say.  It just made me so happy that not only did he pick out some books, but he picked out books FOR OTHERS!

Savy is at a new school and LOVES it!  She actually said on the way to school this week "are we going to MY school? FIRST? cuz I WANT to go to school!"  Now you have to know my kids...this is NOT a normal saying for them...(I know...breaks the teacher-mama heart :(  but for real....she was SOO excited!! She loves her teachers, the school, everything about it!!  makes me SOO happy...She got a sweet note today too...said she was a LAMB...because "she's SO loving"...that's our girl!  We had a big evening planned too.  We took a special trip to the store to get her first REAL Barbie...the Special Retro $3 birthday one...She is so excited...my sweet, sweet princess is in bed in her Barbie jammies, with her Barbie doll, in her Princess sheets :) There's so much Pepto Pink it makes me want to BARF...and she couldn't be happier :)

The Olympics are over and we are so sad, STILL going through withdrawals...THANK goodness for Mario and Sonic at the Winter games...at least Justice can still pretend the games are still going ;)  He is STILL 'short-track' obsessed and tends to 'skate' around..lol  It sure didn't help when I bought him a book that had Apollo Ohno in it...and he discovered that they have the EXACT SAME birthday...HOLY COW!!  The princess has started to allow me to put her hair up..every now and then (we're getting somewhere!)   And the prince once again is sporting a Mohawk :)  Both of these make this mama VERY happy.  Happy little SWEET blessings EVERY SINGLE DAY!

2 comments:

  1. what great and wonderful news! good job getting Justice to like reading!!! now if you could come here and do the same with our 12 year old, that'd be GREAT!! pepto-pink! wikkid funny, cuz! I love it.
    my plans for the day include taking Bryce to see some waterfalls created by the spring run-off. should be a good father-son morning while Mom gets some well deserved extra hours of sleep.
    mowhawk? diggin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!! thanks for blogging just for me! i feel so special! and for savy loving her barf pink barbie stuff! it is a hideous color, isn't it?? but so noticeable... I love the stories you tell about your kids.. That is so sweet that Justice wants to buy a book for his friend.. awwww. reminds me of the story when Opie wanted to buy his friend a coat cause she didn't have one... Kids are awesome! Have a great night and an wonderful Sunday.. Thank you for being the person you are... You were the first person I saw at Brevard High standing in the office and of course, the coolest thing there...tattoos and all!!! All i had that was different was a toe ring. LOL Love you much!! Joaner

    ReplyDelete