Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gold Medal Moments...

I LOVE the Olympics!  For real...in the realm of sports I don't know if there is anything that I love more, except my man ;) maybe...  I don't know if it's the patriotism, the athleticism, the amazing stories of so many of the athletes, the fact that my uncle Gene was an Olympic Biathlon coach for years...who knows...but I am an Olympics JUNKIE...it will be on 24/7 (or at least as much as possible) for the next 2 weeks.  My students will be learning from Olympics lesson plans...well, you get the picture.  But seriously, I'm not sure what I am so excited about...that it is 'Olympics time' or that my kids are SO excited too!  Seriously...we were watching the qualifying heats for the short track earlier...and there is Justice, in the middle of the living room pretending to skate :)  Then he sits down and joins the conversations that Jay and I are having about Curling...and that we can't wait to watch that!!  How does my 7 year old know what Curling is??!?!?  Cuz I asked...and he set me straight! LOL  I am loving sharing this joy with them...

Savy and I had the funniest 'Who's on First?' conversation the other day.  Well...it was hilarious to me...but I think that it was making her ANGRY! LOL  First you need to know a little background info...She goes to a FAB home daycare, and they have a 7 passenger SUV.  They often go out and about...OH and Savy is like the Freakin TOWN CRIER! LOL  Fo Sho!!  So she gets home one day and says "Mr Jude buckled me into the back on accident, but that's where Ezra sits" "oh" I say "do you usually sit in the middle?"  "NO!" demands Savy "Elize sits in the middle, I sit on the side, next to her"  Hmmm, trying to figure this out..."ok, but you sit in the middle seat?"  "NO MAMA! I told you, Elize sits in the middle, I sit on the side & Jax sits on the other side! and Ezra sits in the back, with Gabriella."  LOL I am laughing SO hard by now because she is getting so mad...she is NOT appreciating this.  "ok let me try to explain what I am thinking Sav..before you get MAD!  Miss Amanda is up front right?" "yes" "and Ezra is in the back row?" "yes" giggle..here it comes.."so that means you are in the MIDDLE row..." "YEAH mama, that's what I told you...DUH!"  of course...I'm so slow...lol

Justice is hilarious.  He brought home his schoolwork on Friday and in it was a cute little book they had made "Awesome Inventions by Black Americans."  There was a page about Garrett Morgan and his invention - the automatic traffic signal.  They had to write a story about driving a car before this had been invented...check out his story...

Drivin down the road... la la la la Boom Pow! Huh a car crash.  Oh I know why no traffic lights!!  Well off to get my rental car.  Readin the newspaper new invention!  The new traffic light!

First of all...freaking hilarious..LOL second...a little too close to our reality HUH??  Poor thing.


By the way, for those of you who know us REALLY well, or stalk us on FB ;)  you know that we lost our Precious boy (dog lol) Cheyenne last week during the snow (sorta).  He broke his collar, well it broke - it WAS a year old...and he has a tendency to BOLT as Huskies do...unfortunately without his tags and OUR #...this was not good!  Usually when this happens (him running) someone is calling within an hour or so...but not this time.  We searched the shelters, placed ads, searched ads etc...NO LUCK! :(  FINALLY Friday someone called - she had Cheyenne...so we picked him up today :)  Reunited...and it feels SO GOOD!!  Little blessings everyday...but today, BIG blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment