Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gold, Frankincense & Milk??

So remember that new Wii game?  Cabella's Big Game Hunter...it's FUN! ;)  I finally got to play it a little bit, but there's a little problem.  I'm pretty good.  I started out just doing the 'Shooting gallery', I was duck hunting and I think I did A LOT better than Justice ever has...THAT'S the problem.  Well, that...and apparently, somehow we have raised a rather sexist child...  "WOW, Mama you did GREAT... for a girl!"  Than...HOLD ON A SECOND!! I almost lost my mind....I played it AGAIN, to make sure it wasn't a fluke...and SHOW HIM, 'girls' CAN shoot ;)  I did even better.  'HOLY CRAP!  how can you do so good? You're a GIRL???'  OK at this point I just tell him to STOP TALKING.  I now go ahead and start a mission, which he feels the need to tell me EVERY little thing that I need to do.  SERIOUSLY?!? I'm a GIRL?!?! plus I'm kickin your BUTT, LOL  He is now sitting at the table about to eat as I take one last...AMAZING (if I do say so myself :) shot.  'REALLY? How can a GIRL do that?!'  I'VE HAD IT!!  He ate dinner in his room tonight :(  There were NO girls around.


My mom gave us the sweetest set of ornaments this year.  They had been in our family, are ceramic and are the pieces of a cute nativity set.  Savy ADORES them...so much so that they were rarely on the tree.  When I packed up the tree just a few short weeks ago, only a couple of them were on there...I keep finding the rest of them all around the house :)  This one is my favorite, and this story is why.

Savy was playing with it one day, telling us 'the story...'  She said do you see this? and pointed to the yellow 'gift'.  We said, yes...that's one of the gifts, he is a Wise Man, is it gold?  'Yes, she says he is a Wise Man'  But that's not gold'....and this is the BEST part!!  'It's a Sippy cup' (NOW LOOK AT IT!) LOL   'Mama' she says...'of course it's a Sippy Cup, they were going to see BABY Jesus!!'  ahhhh my sweet girl, a child Shall lead us....

Not just so smart, she's witty too...we all know the 'Pants on the Ground' song...Savy LOVES to sing it...well she sings it A LOT...Just a little background here...and this may be TMI for some of you - I'll just apologize ahead of time **SORRY**  I am VERY hot-natured, our whole family is...so very often clothes are an option in our house.  Well, in the mornings I remain in undergarments as long as possible...until JUST before I go out the door usually.  So the other day we are almost ready to go and I am giving them a hard time about getting dressed...and I say something like...I'm waiting for you to....'get your Pants off the ground and get dressed'  Now at this point I have my pants on, with just a bra...Savy responds with 'YEAH - well you must have your shirt on the ground haha!'  HOW can she be THAT quick?!?!  We are in trouble :)

By the way, I LOVE SNOW...just thought I'd say it AGAIN...here.  Really I do.  I grew up (as a child) with MAJOR snow in CT, then at age 8 moved to south FL. So.. the land of beaches...no snow, air conditioning 10 months out of the year UGH.  So now that I FINALLY have seasons again - I LOVE IT - sorry, but I do.  And it doesn't bother me a bit to teach over Spring Break, or on a Saturday, or until June 15th...just sayin.  Little Blessings every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment